Note: These restaurant aren’t in a specific order of preference. They are all equally great.
- Delarosa is a modern pizzeria with an organic twist. It has a little bit of that chic “it” quality food brought back to home. You will not be disappointed with anything you order. One of the best things about Delarosa is its atmosphere. It is very laid back with family style tables, modern deco and a beer wall. What else can you ask for?
- Delarosa Post
2. Zushi Puzzle
- If you have not had sushi but have always waited to try it come to Zushi Puzzle first! They have the freshest seafood. It may have literately been a live a few seconds before hitting your plate. Try the BEST HAND ROLL EVER, that really is its name. It’s unlike anything you’ve had before. Also, ask for their fresh wasbi. It is amazing. You can trust that you are getting the best quality out there and most unique rolls. Zushi Puzzle isn’t cheap but when it comes to sushi you want the best or else you’ll be sick for days. This is also another restaurant where you want to call ahead. They book quickly on all nights of the week. It’s that good.
- Zushi Puzzle Post
3. Hog Island Oyster Company
- If you love seafood this is the place to go. They have fresh local oysters that stand on their own. Try their claim chowder and you’ll never want to eat from a can again especially if you do not even like claim chowder. This place is just comfort in a nutshell for the true seafood lover. Everything is fresh, local and incredible.
- Hog Island Oyster Co. Post
4. Brazen Head
- Bring cash or your debt card because Brazen Head does not accept credit cards. If you love carpaccio, steak, old world. This place is for you!
5. Fresca Restaurant
- Peruvian/Latin American cuisine with the most amazing steaks and ceviche. The restaurant is small but the food is orgasmic. Try the Trio Tasting of Ceviche and you will not be disappointed. This is the type of restaurant where you leave satisfied and are not hungry two hours later. Fresca delivers a different type of soul food that can satisfy even the pickiest eater.
- French meets Italian in California. It sounds weird but so good. It has great cocktails and even better food. It’s a bit pricey so if you want something cheap, this isn’t the place to go.
- Nouveau Americano/European fusion cuisine describes Nopa to a tee. Make a reservation because this place is incredible busy. However, if you see an empty seat you can always park yourself at the community table. They have great drinks and great American cuisine that is a step up from your average hamburger dish. You can’t go wrong with any dish you order.
560 Divisadero Street @ Hayes/San Francisco/CA/94117
8. Katanaya Restaurant
- This place doesn’t take reservations so show up early and put your name on the sign up sheet outside the door. If your craving ridiculously awesome ramen and udon, this is the place for you. They also have amazing sushi. It’s a small space with a large line of people waiting to get in. Come by and find out for yourself what this place is all about.