It’s no secret that I have an obsession with healthy banana bread and at this point in my recipe creating career I’ve tried making hundreds of different flavored banana breads except one… Matcha Green Tea! How the heck have I never thought of this before?
I will pat myself on the back for this because this banana bread is hands down, the best I’ve ever made!
I love Trader Joe’s for the best random finds! That’s where I picked up these Matcha packets!
Make the entire loaf a green tea flavor or swirl it like I did.
This is no fail recipe guys and a perfect way to use up those browning bananas!
Of course I added my usual (and my favorite) protein powder, PEScience Gourmet Vanilla. Get 30% OFF code PBCHOCO.
Super Healthy Matcha Green Tea Banana Bread Made Gluten-Free and High In Protein!
- 1 c brown rice flour or oat flour
- 64g vanilla protein powder (I used PEScience 30% OFF code PBCHOCO)
- 3 medium bananas, ripe
- 1/4 c coconut oil, measured after melting
- 1/4 c unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs, whole
- 1 tsp uncut stevia
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3g matcha greet tea (I used Trader Joe’s brand)
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Place your bananas and melted coconut oil into a mixer and beat until fluffy. Add eggs, almond milk and stevia. Continue mixing until light and fluffy.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, protein, baking soda and baking powder until combined. Add dry mix to your banana mixture and stir until smooth.
- Separate half of the batter into another bowl and stir in the green tea powder until smooth.
- Layer your loaf pan alternating mixtures until you have used all the batters.
- Bake for 42-45 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.