In the past I’ve been going to Whole Foods and buying their frozen pie crust. Recently, I started buying phyllo dough to get a lighter quiche. Now this is my go to. You can change the veggies and add meats. I just prefer veggie quiches.
Note- If you use onions or mushrooms make sure to sauté those before otherwise your quiche will be a little watery.
- 1 roll of phyllo dough
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2-3/4 cup of frozen peas (roughly)
- 3/4 cup of frozen kale (roughly)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar mix (roughly)
- Pinch Salt and pepper
- Olive oil for brushing your phyllo dough
* Preheat your oven to 350
- Place one layer of phyllo dough into your pie pan. Then brush a light coat of olive oil on dough evenly. Add second layer and repeat with olive oil. Repeat so you have 4-6 layers depending on how thick you want to build your crust.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheddar on to the bottom of the crust.
- Sprinkle veggies and meat if desired
- In a bowl whisk eggs and cream together with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg batter into the quiche and sprinkle the remaining amount of cheese on top.
- Optional: Cover with a few layers of phyllo dough (brush with olive oil between each layer)
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until set. Let your quiche rest for 5-10 and then enjoy!