I saw this recipe on Facebook and decided to try it out. To my surprise…..they were amazing. Everyone who has tried out these cookies have loved them even my salty husband. I did alter the recipe a bit.
- 1 medium previously frozen very ripe banana (calls for a fresh banana)
- 1 cup of almond butter (calls for Peanut Butter)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Mash banana in a large mixing bowl. Add almond butter, egg, vanilla, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Mix in completely and fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoonful dough on parchment-lined baking sheet and place cookies about 1 1/2″ apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until cookies are lightly golden
- Let cool on cooling rack
Note: Cookies won’t be crispy but more soft and gooey. This batch that I made had less chocolate chips than my recipe called for. That’s only because I ran out of chocolate chips.This is now my go to chocolate chip recipe. It’s easier and quicker to make than a traditional recipe plus better for you. Oh and better tasting which is the most important factor.