It’s been a while since I posted a recipe to Social Foods so I figured my new Chocolate Chip Banana Bread was the one to post after a long silence.
My husband was complaining that my normal Banana Bread wasn’t rising enough. It has great flavor however the sour cream was changing the texture of a typical Banana Bread. I did a little research and found this super easy recipe from Simple Recipes. This was super easy to make and I only needed to use a bowl rather than a mixer.
Ingredients: Use organic and local products if possible
- 3 very ripe bananas peeled (previously frozen bananas that turned spotted)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (or more if you want a lot of chocolate)
- Preheat the oven 350° (175°C) and butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash your previous frozen ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg and vanilla extract. Fold in the flour and then fold in 3/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350° (175°C), or until a loaf fully cooked. Test with a tooth pick. Insert into the center and if it comes out clean then your loaf is one.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Then enjoy!!!!