So a few weeks back I bought some frozen pie crusts from Whole Foods with the intentions of making quick homemade quiches and pies. Technically a frozen pie crust isn’t homemade but some days you just don’t feel like making everything homemade. This was inspired by friends who were making homemade quiches with lots of success. It looked so easy so I thought I should participate. So tonight I made one after getting home from work pretty late and wow! Not only did it take 5 minutes to prepare but it had minimal clean up and tasted amazing.
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2-3/4 cup of frozen peas (roughly)
- 3/4 cup of frozen kale (roughly)
- 3 slices (for half a quiche) of cooked black forest ham
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar mix (roughly)
Note: Use 6 slices for a whole quiche
* I did not salt and pepper the quiche. It tasted great without.
* Preheat your oven to 350
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheddar on to the bottom of the crust.
- Dice the ham and layer on top of the cheese. I only lined half of the quiche since I don’t eat pork. Sprinkle a light layer of cheese on top of the ham.
- In a bowl whisk eggs and cream together.
- Rise your frozen peas and kale to remove any ice particles. Mix the peas and kale into your egg batter.
- Pour the egg batter into the quiche and sprinkle the remaining amount of cheese on top.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until set. Let your quiche rest for 5-10 and then enjoy!