Here’s a simple dish that doesn’t take much effort. It’s so easy and delicious that I can’t believe I haven’t done this sooner. If you’re a fan of liver, pate or fois gras than this is for you. If your not a fan, just give it a try. You’ll be pleasantly surprised.
So the other day, I was roasting a whole duck which will be a post in the near future and decide to do something with the liver which usually gets given to the dogs as a yummy treat.
- 1 duck liver or chicken liver
- 1 french bagette
- olive oil
- green onion
1. Slice your bread and brush olive oil generously on one side
2. Toast your bread for a minute or until golden brown and set aside
3. Chop your green onion and set aside
4. Season your liver with a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper on both sides
5. Heat your non-stick pan over a medium-high heat and add butter.
6. Once your butter has melted add your liver to the pan. Sears both sides for about 3-5 minutes each depending on your liver size.
7. Once your liver has a nice sear and is cook through remove from pan and chop it up.
8. Put your chop liver on your piece of bread and sprinkle on green onions. Serve and enjoy while hot!