It’s a cookie but in a bar! No need to say more…enjoy! Oh, I did borrow this recipe from the famous Mrs. Field’s but left out the nuts.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 cup of brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 2 tsp. of pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips (or more to your liking)
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F and grease a 8″ x 8″ baking pan.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In your mixing bowl or KitchenAid blend the brown sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add egg, vanilla, and beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the flour mixture and chocolate chips. Blend at low speed until slightly mixed. Don’t over mixed. I usually finish my mixing the batter by hand. (poured too many chocolate chips…oops!)
- Transfer batter into your pre-greased baked pan and level the top with a spatula.
- Bake in the center of your pre-heated oven for 35-40 minutes. Check at 15 minute to make sure everything looks good. Check again at 25. Depending on your oven, it may take less time especially if your using a convention oven. Check using a toothpick if the Chocolate Chip Bars are ready. If the toothpick comes out clean, you’re good to go. However, you’ll want the center to be a little soft. Let bars cool on rack at room temperature, cut and enjoy!