This is a must have in your recipe repertoire. It is the classic holiday side dish done a bit on the healthier side but still just as delicious! No need to continue…I think it’s self explanatory
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 3 tablespoons of white sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Try to slice your potatoes evenly so they all cook at about the same rate.
3. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still from. It should take 15-20 minutes. Drain, cool and mash.
4. Mix mashed potatoes with orange juice, butter, sugar and cinnamon until smooth. Spread in a 9X9 inch baking dish. Dust cinnamon on top.
5. Place dish in preheated broiler for 10 minutes…then serve and enjoy!