Who says that a Cobb salad has to be a certain way. Well, we say NO to that notion! So we decided to make our own version of a Cobb salad. Instead of the “standard” mixture of iceberg and romaine lettuce, watercress, avocado, blue cheese, chicken, chives, hard-boiled eggs and tomatoes we did it a bit differently. We decided to take a couple of things out and then add some of our favorite vegetables that seem to be unappreciated. Thus making the ultimate salad in our opinion. I have to say that this salad went pretty great with our Baked Mac + Cheese with Cauliflower.
Dressing: (I ended up doubling this to make enough for two people and extra)
- 3 tbs. of olive oil
- 2 tbs. of red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs. of lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. of worcestershire sauce
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 head of romaine lettuce (coarsely chopped)
- 8 slices of apple smoked bacon (chopped after cooked)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 large hand-full of mini heirloom tomatoes
- 1 small avocado
- 1 package of beets from Trader Joe’s (5 small red beets)
4. Serve and enjoy. I always leave the salad dressing off so I can let people add as much or as little as they want.
Note: The salad dressing will keep up to a week if covered and refrigerated in a tight jar.