I love bananas but only when they still have some green. The minute they are fully yellow, it’s down hill for me. When they start getting spots and it’s all over. So when we returned from our Calistoga get-a-way to find spotted bananas, I knew it was time to make some banana bread!!! Thank you Miss Paula Deen for the help. I halved her recipe because I only had three bananas and didn’t need 2 loaves of bread.
- 1/2 cup of soften butter
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1 9×5-inch loaf pan
9. Bake for 40-50 minute or until browned. Make sure it’s cooked all the way through by inserting a wooden toothpick in the center of the loaf. If it comes out clean, it’s done. Make sure not to over bake. Check at 40 minutes and then again at 45. You want to keep it as moist as possible. Dry bread is never good! When done, let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes and then remove from pan. ENJOY!
Learned: The cinnamon really makes it top notch. This was really easy to make!