Here’s a sweet and somewhat healthy treat for all to enjoy. I adore chocolate and this is my way to get it with a little health mixed in the middle. It’s a bit of a messy dish to make but super easy and quick.
- 1 large apple (of your choice…I used Fuji)
- 2 oz. of chocolate chips (cooks choice…I used dark chocolate)
- 1/3 cup of granola (I used vanilla almond mix)
What you need (above)
1. Slice you apple into wedges of your choosing. You can do it by hand or use a apple slicer like I did.
2. Melt your chocolate in a double boiler. I think the chocolate comes out more consistent than if you do it by microwave. However, if you prefer to use the microwave that’s okay as well. You place it in a microwave safe bowl for 15 seconds intervals, stirring each time until completely melted.
3. Dip you apple wedges in chocolate and then sprinkle the granola onto the chocolate covered apple piece. Make sure to use the granola pieces that are smaller than the large chucks. Now enjoy!!!! It’s that simple!