These were so good and so easy to make. They were another recipe that I’ve always wanted to make but have never gotten around to it. I have to say that this is one of the easiest desserts I’ve ever made. So if you’re afraid to bake this is the recipe for you! They were also a huge crowd favorite. They aren’t the healthiest treat around so rather than eating them all myself, I gave them out to friends who consumed them happily.
Ingredients: (I halved the original recipe)
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 4 graham cracker bars)
- 1 3/4 cup of powdered sugar or about .875 cups of regular sugar
- 3/4 creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of real butter, melted
- 6oz of chocolate chips (milk, semi-sweet or dark, your choice)
- 1 spoon full of peanut butter (for chocolate mix)
What you need
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, peanut butter and mix until combined.
3. Pour peanut butter mixture in the bottom of the parchment lined pan
4. Place chocolate chips and a spoonful of peanut butter in a double boiler. If you do not have a double boiler then do what I did. In a pot, add water and a glass bowl over the pot. The water should be just touching the bottom of the glass bowl. Place your chocolate chips and peanut butter in the glass bowl and watch it melt (stir ever once and I while). Make sure to have the heat on low so the chocolate does not burn.
Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each one. until melted and smooth.
5. Pour chocolate over peanut butter mixture and spread evenly. Place pan in the fridge and just when the chocolate is about set (an hour later) cut into bars. This will make it easier to cut the bars when they are really set. You can put them in the freezer if you want them really firm (they are so good). You can store them in the fridge or at room temputature but will stay firmer in the fridge or freezer. They tend to get a little soft if you leave them out.